Depending upon your research problem, your proposal sections on methods and limitations might be combined.
In exploring your methods (as well as your research limitations) your research problem in Biology should address the following types of questions:
- What kinds of materials will be used?
- Are they readily available?
- What kinds of difficulties will there be in sampling or collecting physical evidence?
- What methods or approaches will you take?
- What standards of certainty can be expected?
- Is your sample size adequate?
- Will you need to use statistics?
- If so, which statistical methods will be used?