There are many different research methods you may consider for your biotechnology thesis.
The research method for your thesis should be selected based on consultation with your Research Advisor.
- Typically conducted in an academic or industry laboratory
- You develop and test a hypothesis to establish a cause-and-effect relationship
2. Prototype Design
- Develop and test a prototype device (e.g. novel drug delivery device)
3. Bioinformatics Tool Development (“the steps”)
- Identify a biological problem
- Develop and employ a computational method with a potential solution to the problem
4. Case Study
- Focuses on problems in biotechnology industry and involve collection and analysis of publicly available data