Although most masters theses follow a "classic" thesis format:
- statement of research hypothesis
- testing method
Thesis work in some programs such as Information Technology and Math for Teaching can follow a project-based format instead.
- This requires establishing well-defined project goals, either:
1. Addressing a problem or issue in your field
2. Creating a product ... such as a software program, a classroom curriculum, or a specialized device used for testing purposes.
- You still need to follow the standard proposal process, but your output / thesis write-up might be significantly different
- Refer to the descriptions of thesis projects for the disciplines listed here to learn about selecting and working on projects
- Contact your Research Advisor to discuss potential thesis projects